Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Love of The Father

It's been over 2 months that we've had Jada and she has been such a blessing on many, many levels. I'm 34 years old and only a little over 2 months of being a father and I have been blessed with realizing another level of God's Love.

Matthew 7:9-11 - "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

This is one that hit me the other day. I love Jada. It's amazing how she has been grafted into our family and has become part of me and Brandi. I look at her and I'm excited about her future. I know she is incomplete right now, but I love her the way she is. Then, I realized this is how God sees me. Then I thought how much more God loves me. I only loved Jada when we made plans to adopt. God loved me since eternal past!

I know how much I will do for Jada. Now, I now know how much more God has done, is doing and will do for me. Now that I'm a father in love with my family, I have a greater appreciation for the unconcievable love The Father has for His family. When Jada messes up, because she's 15 months old, I get aggrevated, impatient, but I still love her. Cause I know she's learning. She'll get better. Aggrevation and impatience turns to a giggle. I'm glad I understand better how God looks down on me when I miss the mark and giggles cause He still loves me, He knows I'm learning and He wants me to do better. He wants me to learn. He knows what's best for me.

The bonus with the whole situation is that I have another level of love for Brandi. I see her enjoying Jada, loving Jada and caring for Jada and I love her for that. I love seeing her be the mother God intended her to be. She really is more beautiful nowadays.

I love that we are struggling with adjusting to Jada and we are working through it together. I love how we get frustrated and work through it and see the other side of the struggle, knowing that all these struggles are strengthening our faith in God and our faith in each other. I love that as we struggle, mess up and are learning, that God is giggling. He wants us to do better, He wants us to learn. He knows what's best for us.

We're Blessed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home