Friday, October 27, 2006

Half My Life

Today, October 27, 2006, is me and Brandi's 17 year "dating anniversary" and marks the day that Brandi and I have been together 17 years or half my life. Two years ago, we celebrated her "Half My Life" anniversary.

This one is probably the sweetest considering the incredible journey we've just finished by adopting Jada. I can write forever about what we've been through the last 17 years, but I'll just say that it has been really incredible growing up with Brandi. We were 15 and 17 years old when we started dating and now we're 32 and 34 years old. We married at 19 and 21 years old and moved off to South Carolina when I was in the U.S. Navy. We've experienced a lot together.

Things only got better in 2000 when we rededicated our lives and our marriage to Christ at Healing Place Church. It has been great to see how God has blessed us and how He has prepared us and provided for us in each season of our lives and marriage.

There's a lot of things I can say about Brandi, but I think this sums it up:

Proverbs 31: 28-31
Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.” Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates.

I'm very excited and looking forward to what's ahead of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home