Friday, August 24, 2007

Passion Has No Age Limits

I'm 35 years old and probably the oldest Full Time Elevate student or at least the second oldest. I can honestly say that I DID NOT think for one second I would go to Elevate and be some sort of father figure to these WONDERFUL young men and women I'm serving with. Sure, I have some experience they don't have and if they would allow me, I surely would share what I've learned along the way and encourage them in the things I've messed up in.

What I didn't figure on happening was how much these young men and women inspire me. They inspire me with their passion to serve Jesus at 18 to 25 years old. I'm envious. What would my life had looked like if I'd answered the call at 18 or 20 years old? Why did it take me until 35 years old to figure out my destiny? Well, that answer came to me pretty quick. Me & Brandi's lives has had some ups and downs in the last 15-17 years. I think its very valuable to have experienced some of the things we've experienced so that we can serve and minister to those in similar situations. We can encourage others to make Jesus The Foundation of their lives and marriages far sooner than we have chosen to. So, it'll all work out in the end.

At 35 years old, my legs can't keep up with my mind like they used to. But, running with these young men and women, I'm getting farther than I would if I was running alone. These young men and women are incredible, they inspire me, they encourage me, they lift me up, they make it fun and exciting.

Their Passion is contagious and I realize passion has no age limits. Whether 18 or 35 years old, passion is what drives us to complete our mission and carry out our calling.

Full Timers in Elevate 2007, this will be the best year of our lives!

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Passion!!!!! That is the key!

Hey, don't know if you got the email but we are having a HHFO fellowship tomorrow (Sunday 12:30p - 5p) at our home. Come if y'all can!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Mike Haviland said...

You're the man dude. Keep on with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home