Monday, March 19, 2007

T.M.I. = Too Much Information

Information vs. Knowledge:

I got kicked in the face, in a spiritual sense. It was one of those enlightening moments of humility that puts you in your place. You know, those times where you do an honest look at yourself, your heart, your intentions and see where you really stand. You don't do it to make God love you more, He already gave His only Son for us. Nothing we can do can change His perfect love for us. But, we do it because we know His ways are above our ways, His thoughts are above our thoughts. We follow God's decrees and wisdom because His ways are the secret to the abundant life God intended for us.

Anyway, I took an unplanned break from reading "Lifetime Guarantee" a.k.a., I got lazy and caught up on all the recorded shows on our DVR. I ran across a quote Bill Gillham, author of "Lifetime Guarantee" used from a noted Christian writer. Watchman Nee said, " All knowledge is the outgrowth of obedience; everything else is just information."

In other words, we can simply believe The Truth taught in God's Word, but it's only INFORMATION to us until we OBEY it. Then it becomes KNOWLEDGE. At that moment I figured out I had a little T.M.I. or "Too much information. I need WAY more knowledge.

God help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home